Bookkeeping – Further Education and Training Certificate
The purpose of this qualification is to:
- Provide the learner with the knowledge, understanding, skills and experience to become a Bookkeeper to Financial Statements. This will aid individual development and enhance the employment prospects of the learner, as well as social transformation through the formal acknowledgement of competencies, skills and knowledge.
- Equip the learners with a Qualification that can be used in the field of Accounting. Successful completion of this qualification will give the learner the knowledge and skills required not only to perform his/her Accounting job efficiently, but also to proceed on a path of life-long learning with Qualifications at a higher level.
- Provide employers and others with an adequate basis for assuring that those learners gaining the Qualification are competent to act as Bookkeepers, providing Accounting and Financial Management support in medium to large organisations or to act as the senior Bookkeeper in a smaller organisation under the supervision of an outsourced Chartered Accountant or Accounting Officer.
- Encourage the widest possible access to the Accounting profession and Accounting Qualifications by making it possible for the following learners to obtain a bookkeeping qualification:
> Those who have performed an Accounting and/or Bookkeeping function in their organisation for some time without a formal Qualification in Accounting.
> Those who were previously disadvantaged and who were unable to continue their learning in the Further Education Band.
> Those who have recently taken up a position as a support staff member in an Accounting section of a medium to large organisation.
> Those who have not acquired the skills and competencies required for learning as Technical Financial Accountants.
Qualifying learners will be able to apply for Associate membership of the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers Ltd.
There is a need for adequate control to be maintained over the financial affairs of companies, which sometimes fail due to inadequate preparation of Financial Statements with costs being allowed to exceed budget and income. This Qualification aims at equipping learners to perform the Accounting function in small organisations and to provide support to Accountants and Financial Managers in medium and large organisations so that the Accounting and Financial Management functions can be performed effectively. As all organisations need to employ people with this knowledge, Bookkeepers to Financial Statements are in short supply.
The nature of the Qualification and the integrated work-place assessment requirements will reduce the amount of non-productive time traditionally associated with workplace training when learners enter the world of work as Bookkeepers in medium to large organisations and as senior Bookkeepers in small organisations.
- Communication at NQF Level 3.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3.
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self